Did you know that LapCabby can offer a completely bespoke service? Not just for the design and build of your desired storage solution but for the finer details of your order too. Perhaps you need your two-hundred units delivered within a strict time-frame and checked by professionals at their destination to ensure perfect working order? Perhaps you need to test your units within your environment for a time period after deployment? We can demonstrate examples of doing this with a complete satisfaction rate from our end customers. We understand that no two environments are the same and the needs of each nurse, teacher or retail worker are different. We can discuss your requirements in detail and how we can meet them – exactly.
When Aldo approached LapCabby they had a very specific list of criteria to adhere to
– Aldo wanted the charging unit to be approved and signed off by Apple before manufacture to ensure the preservation and longevity of their devices (iPads & iPods)
– A two-month testing period was a must, to ensure, after delivery, that there were no unforeseen problems with their units or devices
– The DeskCabby units, although identical in functionality to the standard DeskCabby units LapCabby manufacture, needed to be in Aldo brand colours with the Aldo logo printed on the front
– All 500 units needed to be delivered to their final destinations in Canada within 6 weeks of LapCabby receiving the order.
All 500 units were delivered by sea and air, on time and in full, with no damages or delays.
Ipswich Hospital needed a device that would fully charge their iPads as previous charging solutions had not charged devices propery, after an unreliable past experience they were understandably nervous about investing in new models. LapCabby agreed with Ipswich Hospital a 2-week trial period of various LapCabby units to decide which charging solution worked best for them.
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham
The ROH, like other hospitals are tight on space, every inch of floor space matters to maximise patient beds and live-saving equipment. A unit to charge the multiple Surface Pros the hospital were investing in was proving to be a bulky problem. LapCabby worked along side the ROH to design a unit that would suit their needs – and who knows better that the nurses who will be using them?
– LapCabby arranged one-to-one meetings with the nurse to help hone the exact needs of the NHS staff at the ROH
– A bespoke unit was created to be narrow and wall-mounted on top of existing storage so as not to dominate space, squat enough so devices on the top shelf could be easily accessed, and exacting in size to fit the Surface pro so no space is wasted
– A free trial period was agreed to test the unit fully before rolling out across the hospital
– Special air-vent design to eradicate the need for a fan in charging units (that can spread germs and be disastrous in healthcare environments)
Discreet design and working exceptionally closely with the end-user in this manner means the client got exactly what they needed and with little disruption to them.
Government body the Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) have a responsibility to make their budget stretch as far as possible. They put their specific needs out to tender and LapCabby were the successful applicant. Across the UK driving test centres are modernising and 235 of them up and down the country required new tablet devices and, of course, units to charge them. Units had to fit to exacting requirements.
– DVSA needed 260 storage units manufactured to charge not just their devices but battery packs also
– Extra security points – a ‘U’ bolt anchor – needed to be fitted to the units to guard against theft
– All 260 units needed to be pre-wired with necessary cables meaning they could be used immediately by DVSA staff and no one had to spend time installing charging cables
– At least one charging unit needed to be delivered to 235 locations throughout the UK
– Delivery to each driving test centre was LapCabby’s responsibility in order to keep costs as low as possible for the DVSA and ensure that units could be fully installed and checked by a fully trained LapCabby engineer
– Ensure that all units were manufactured, fitted with cables, delivered to locations and fully installed and checked within a 14 week timeframe.
LapCabby successfully met and delivered on all the requirements of the DVSA tender with no problems or delays.
Do you have a possible project you’d like to discuss with us? Call our email our amazing team by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button at the top of the page.